‘Eat for Goals [a new book] shows young players and football fans how to cook and eat like champions,’ says Steven Gerrard, captain of Liverpool FC and England International. In this fun cookbook, 13 top international footballers (including Lukas Podolski, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Frank Lampard, Barry Ferguson and Kelly Smith) share tips on what they love to eat to play well and give recipes for their favourite dishes. With simple ingredients and easy recipes, the kids will soon be rustling up a quick rice cubana just like Thierry Henry, a power omelet (Miroslav Klose) or crunchy sea bream with herbs (Steven Gerrard). The Union of European Football Associations will donate €1 from the sale of each book to support World Heart Federation programs encouraging children to be active. You can order a copy online from Amazon or pick one up from your bookseller. What a tasty Christmas present.
- Mediterranean diet and diabetes management
- Health headlines: don’t believe all you read
- Don’t eat when you should be sleeping
- Why the humble Greek salad is a winner
- Why not the Australian Aboriginal diet for health and weight loss?
- Discover low GI pearl couscous
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Design: Scott Dickinson, PhD
Web management: Alan Barclay, PhD