For many of us, milk and yogurt are the key to strong healthy bones. By choosing the reduced fat or skim varieties we enjoy a low GI food that provides us with sustained energy and boosts our calcium intake but not our saturated fat intake. In this issue we will be looking at other benefits including the role of dairy foods in achieving and maintaining a healthy weight and why some athletes like chocolate milk.
- Why some of us are designed to drink milk and others aren’t
- The GI values of milks and yogurts
- Milk, muscle gain and fat loss
- Calcium, vitamin D and diabetes risk
- Are dairy-free diets better for you?
- Chocolate milk and recovery after exercise
- Nutrition profiling
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD