High blood glucose levels pose a threat to your health even if you don’t have diabetes. In fact, elevated blood glucose levels within the ‘normal’ range can damage the blood vessels and circulatory system, increasing the risk of a heart attack, type 2 diabetes, weight gain and even certain types of cancer. This issue we focus on why keeping your BGLs on an even keel really matters. To help you achieve this we have tips on reducing the GI of your diet and low GI recipes to try.
- 4 steps to better blood glucose;
- Prof Jennie Brand-Miller on why gestational diabetes is such a big deal;
- Safe fasting during Ramadan;
- The right diet (low GI of course) to fight malnutrition and help cancer patients combat their disease;
- Emma Stirling with the scoop on avocados;
- 3 avocado recipes including a simply sensational avocado pea mash.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD
Contact email (for questions or permission to reproduce stories from this newsletter): firstname.lastname@example.org for technical problems or faults please contact email@example.com
Follow us on Twitter: @GIFoundation
Like us on Facebook : Glycemic Index Foundation