‘Whether hot or cold, strong or weak, black or green, sweet or smoky, oolong or pekoe, with milk or lemon, bag or leaf, tea is the universal drink of countless millions.’ We asked Glenn Cardwell to bring us up to date on some recent studies and the benefits of taking a tea or coffee break while Nicole Senior busts the myth that a cup or tea or coffee will be dehydrating.
- Dr Alan Barclay on single nutrient fad diets and why they can be high GI;
- Discovering rice’ s GI gene;
- The benefits of switching to a low GI diet in pregnancy;
- Prof Jennie Brand-Miller on pregnancy and optimal weight gain;
- Emma Stirling with the scoop on herbs;
- Three low GI recipes to enjoy.
Good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD
Contact email (for questions or permission to reproduce stories from this newsletter): email@example.com for technical problems or faults please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow us on
Like us on