This month sees some interesting studies on the benefits of a vegetarian diet especially for reducing your risk of heart disease and (if pregnant) gestational diabetes. So we asked Prof Jennie Brand-Miller for her tips on going vegetarian the low GI way. There's also a fascinating research piece on Neanderthals and new evidence about their diet, cooking and use of medicinal plants.
- Jamie’s low GI 15-minute Falafel wraps/grilled veg & salsa;
- Take that (glycemic) load off your diet and reduce your risk of type 2 diabetes;
- Fat facts and fat fiction - the state of the evidence;
- Was ancient man a vegetarian asks Dr Rob Dunn;
- The Longevity Project;
- The scoop on pearl couscous;
- Three low GI recipes to enjoy.
Good cooking, good eating, good health and good reading.
Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web management and design: Alan Barclay, PhD
Contact email (for questions or permission to reproduce stories from this newsletter): firstname.lastname@example.org for technical problems or faults please contact email@example.com
Follow us on
Like us on