1 August 2009

Your Success Stories

‘I started using the GI in the summer of 2008 in hopes of lowering blood glucose levels. I heard a physician on TV talking about how spikes in blood glucose level will cause a surge in hormones. I had been dealing with adult acne that doctors had blamed on hormones. So, I decided to give the GI a try. Not only did I see a lessening of acne but I have dropped 20 pounds (9 kg) in weight! I am hooked on the GI.’

[SCALES]

‘Just wanted to write and say “thank you for your work.” By following a low GI diet I went from 196 pounds (89 kg) down to 168 pounds (76 kg) in 4 months. I have not felt deprived at all. In the past I have tried practically every other diet including very low carb diets but felt that I could not maintain them over a long period of time. Following the GI eating plan has made all the difference in the world!’

‘I had begun to feel tired and had an urge to eat anything sweet constantly. My mother passed away from a stroke, which was brought on by diabetes. And my elder sister had developed type 2 diabetes. Well, with my family history, and my weight at 210 pounds (95 kg) I knew I was in trouble, I heard about the low GI diet while surfing the web, bought a book on it and never looked back. Within 3 days my energy level increased, and I lost 4 pounds (1.8 kg). It’s been 4 months, and I’m down a total of 50 pounds (23 kg). I am never hungry. I hope to lose 25 more pounds (11 kg). By the way I’m 55 years old, going through menopause, and still losing!’ – Betty

Send us your GI success story.

1 comments:

thiruvelan said...

Interesting story by following low GI diet loose weight from 196 to 168 pounds. My best wishes for diabetes free like, I suggest you to add some diabetes natural herbs to avoid diabetes.