In This Issue:
- Food for Thought
—A high carb diet: is it still the ideal public health message?
- GI News Briefs
—Carb quality, weight loss and heart health
—Keeping the kilos off
—High GI carbs linked to oxidative stress
—Spice notes: Cinnamon; Chilli
—High GI diets and fatty liver disease
- GI Values Updates
—The latest GI values from SUGiRS
- Low GI Food of the Month
—Split peas – more than a winter warmer
- Low GI Recipe of the Month
—Split Pea, Watercress and Goat’s Curd Salad
- Success Stories
—Bedrich: Little changes – Big difference
—David Lee Nall says: ‘Taking care of yourself is the best way to take care of others.’
- What's New?
—The Low GI Diet, revised and updated Australian and New Zealand edition
- Feedback—Your FAQs Answered
- What is the law in relation to making a low GI claim in Australia?
- I work third shift, four days a week, and I have noticed that in the past couple of years I have put on weight although I haven’t changed my eating habits. Can you help me get this excess weight off?
- What’s the GI of a caffe latte and cappuccino?
- What’s the GI of cornstarch?
- What’s the story about fat, the GI and your insulin response?
- Look it up in our A–Z: The GI Glossary (continued)
GI News Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web Design and Management: Scott Dickinson