In This Issue:
- Food For Thought
—Going with the WHOLE grain
—Why do some wholegrains have a low GI and not others?
- GI News Briefs
—Two matters of the heart
- Low carb and heart health
- Fruit and veg – it’s a numbers game
- Low GI Food of the Month
—The real deal on chocolate
—Chilli chocolate black beans
- Low GI Recipes of the Month
—Sumac-spiced lamb backstraps with quinoa and roasted grapes
—GI Express: Poached pears with rich chocolate sauce
—GI Solo: Sweet chilli tuna salad
- Success Story
- What's New?
—The Spice and Herb Bible
- Feedback—Your FAQs Answered
- Any thoughts on juicing? Many websites seem to indicate that diabetics shouldn't juice because there is no fibre to slow the assimilation of the sugar.
- What should the daily glycemic load be held below for someone with diabetes?
- With the festive season upon us, do you have some tips for people with diabetes to help us stick to our healthy eating and exercise routines when overindulgence is the order of the day?
- I would like to make some low GI bran muffins, but I don't know what type of flour to use.
- Do you have any prepared menus for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
- How many carrots does it take?
- GI Values Update
—The latest GI values from SUGiRS
—Where can I get more information on GI testing?
—Where can I get more information on the GI Symbol Program?
GI News Editor: Philippa Sandall
Web Design and Management: Scott Dickinson